January 7, 2013

London

These days, in this economy, it’s a luxury to travel.
My passion for traveling is so deep that I go to great lengths to acquire the means necessary to travel. It’s my guilty pleasure in life to mark of yet another destination on the world map, and I feel richer as a person.
That being said makes a great introduction for the new segment on my blog: TRAVEL.
I’m going to share with you tips and experiences from the beautiful, vibrant and exotic places I have been. BTW, this is not a brag post. It’s intent is to help you and not show off...

When I travel I make sure to buy or download a travelers guide to the place I’m visiting.
I prepare for as many days as the actual trip lasts, to make sure that my trip runs smoothly and I don’t get ripped of in a foreign country. Excessive planning equals a quality trip, remember that.

I want to start with London which I visited with my hubby the summer of 2011
I’d like to introduce the musts for London. You cannot visit London and not see these places:

Buckingham Palace
You need to she the Queen’s crib right?! Watch out for crazy masses of tourists, guards with rifles and horses that are worth more than your car!


Hyde Park
London’s answer to Central Park – very romantic and idilyc right in the vibrant city jungle.

Palace of Westminster
Lots of politics and boring stuff going on here. Would not recoment the tour if you are not a history fanatic.

- Big Ben
The world’s most famous clock - a marvelous site, it truly made my heart race faster!

Westminster Abbey
Very famous church, where Kate and Wills got hitched. Love exploring old landmarks.

St Paul's Cathedral
St Paul’s Cathedral is London’s answer to the Vaticans St Peter’s cathedral (which I’ve also seen) and in my humble opinion, I am not able to pick which is more magnificient because these engineering marbles are similar and breathtaking.
Note to Kate and Wills: why didn’t you choose the Westminster Abbey, when in comparason it looks like a shack?!


London Eye
I was not impressed. It’s a Ferris wheel people?! Long lines and you wait about 2hrs to pay an astronomical fee to ride a freakin Ferris wheel. We enjoyed a walk on the banks of the River Thames rather than “ferrising” ourselves.

- Tower Bridge
OMG! The highlight of our trip! I have a passion for bridges and consider them the ultimate landmarks and engineering gems. “Must walk over”, she said in a zombie voice...

Tower of London
A dream come true for history freaks, but to me a enormous waste of money...


British Museum
When you think museum – you think boring right?! That’s what I though too, but in all honesty this was exciting. The sites are so beautiful, and you get a free intelectual boosting.

- National Gallery & Trafalgar Square
We didn’t go inside the gallery but the square was gorgeous as Brits would say :P
I enjoy a nice coffee by the fountain.

- Fotball match
I’m not one of those girls that hate fotball, but I’m not a hooligan eighter. Taking my man to see the Arsenal cup was priceless, I even enjoyed it! Pluss, you cannot go to the holyland of fotball and not experience this however girly you are!

 


A few more tips:
- Aquire the metro and busses route map –you will need it cabs are too damn expensive!
- London is an expensive place – weigh your tourist attractions. there is a lot of beautiful sites to see without blowing your budget.
- Do not go shopping on Oxford street – too many tourists and mind blowing prices. Better try in sale season, but then the masses of people get even bigger.
- This is a city-break - don’t bother packing high heels. By day you will go exploring the city in flats, by nigh you will be to tired to event try to wear heels.
Look out for real Englishmen, there are very few of them because they are hiding in pubs.
- Let loose with the alcohol – you are in England there is no such this as too early for drinks! Cheers mate!


Win a L'OREAL MASCARA in my GIVEAWAY!!
Keep Dreaming ladies,

 FACEBOOK     |      TWITTER     |     BLOGLOVIN 

99 comments:

  1. awesome! I really want to go to London and Dublin! Thanks for sharing your pictures are just fabulous.

    xo Cassy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recomend it, beautiful place!

      Delete
  2. I would like to go there soon!
    Fabiola

    wildflowergirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, its an amazing place!
      Let me know when your pics hit your blog

      Delete
  3. Volim putovanja, i zaista je covjek vrijedniji kad putuje, poznaje i upoznaje druge kulture i vrijednosti divne nam planete ;)...
    Fotke su divne ljepotice moja, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slazem se u potpunosti!
      Hvala ti puno mila!

      Delete
  4. Uzivala :) Posjetila sam vecinu i zaista jesu must see! Grad koje se uvijek mozes vracati :) Jedva cekam ostale postove o putovanjima! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bas!!! Stvarno je krasan!
      Biti ce jos postova, stay tuned! :D
      (cak sutra moooozda stignem novi)

      Delete
  5. I would love to visit London!Your photos are very nice!
    XOXO

    http://annirm.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super post i jako lijepe fotke!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!
    I love London :)

    http://thefashionshadowbygiulia.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like so much fun! i love that first dress on you, so pretty!
    xoamy
    www.cupcakesncouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prvo divan ste par,drugo haljine koje nosis na slikama izgledas ljepse nego vojvotkinja,zasjenila si London,voli tvoje poze! London is my dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala ti puno i od mog dragog i mene! :D
      Ljubim te! :*

      Delete
  10. divne fotografije, odlican vodic, ali ja sam gledala tebe, ti si mi najdivnija <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala mila, bas sam se potrudila nesto fino da napisem :*

      Delete
  11. Super, ja obožavam putovati, nadam se da ću imati priliku i uživo upoznati i London :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mislim da ces imati priliku ;)
      Javi nam kad ozive slikice iz Londona!

      Delete
  12. Volim putovanja,divno je videti neki novi grad i upoznati njegovu kulturu. Dala si divne smernice šta posetiti u Londonu, i nadam se da ću ih iskoristiti već ove godine!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ja se nadam, kad postavis slike obavezno javi :D
      Zelim ti dino putovanje!

      Delete
  13. love everything, but especially joules about going to a football match. Im a Arsenal fan.

    xx
    http://vikingmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahah, i ja se solidarisem sa dragim i navijam za Arsenal. Ma da nisu u staroj formi..

      Delete
  14. Super je post. Meni je san da zivim u Londonu! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala. aBd ostvarit ce se tvoj san! Drzim fige :D

      Delete
  15. Anonymous7/1/13 18:06

    Crvena haljina ti odlično stoji :)
    Super slike :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous pics!!! Love your dress!!!
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    chicwiththeleast.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love how relaxed you look in all of these photos!> beautiful outfits too! xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't been to London in many years ever since my sister moved back to my home country. She lived there for 20 years and I used to visit her a lot. Beautiful city indeed.. some says it's haunted ;D

    Greetings from:
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haunted or not, the old buildings are sooo gorgeous..

      Delete
  19. Aaa slike su prelijepe,kao i ti ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, predivna si i London ti odlicno pristaje...
    Ja sam svome dragom rekla da zelim na medeni mjesec da idemo u London, nadam se da ce mi ispuniti zelju ;)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aBd, uskoro ide medeni mjesec i London za tebe!
      Uzivajte puno, i samo se volite! <3

      Delete
  21. Aww you wore adorable outfits! I looove London <3

    Following you on Bloglovin' now xx

    www.fashionistasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh hooow pretty :) London is one of my favourite cities :) I'm pretty sure you had fun down there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love London ♥. I was there too! I visited all those places that's you!
    You look beautiful ! ♥

    http://dominikaexpanse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look great on that pics and your dress is amazing. I like London too. Have a nice day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. odličan članak, baš pravi vodič. Lijepe fotografije, a sviđa mi se i haljinica. Još samo da se uspijem dovući tamo pa iskoristiti te savjete....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bas sam se potrudila, i nadam se da ce nekom pozluziti ;D

      Delete
  26. Great photos!! I love travelling too and I need desperately a small trip now....hope for one soon!

    Eirini from http://fashionreactor.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I too love traveling! wish I could do more of it. the top place on my list is of course europe! lovely pics hun. xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come and visit Europe dear, you won't regret it :D

      Delete
  28. Uh divne fotke, volela bih da posetim London! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great pics and pretty looks. Kisses dear.
    http://solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  30. London cu sigurno uskoro posetiti, jer mi je to grad snova, i blago tebiii :) Divna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoces sigurno! Zelim ti da se fenomenalno provedes :*

      Delete
  31. Wow kako su ti divne slike bas sam se odusevila! I ja idem u London u martu pa cu obavezno sve ovo posjetiti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toplo preporucujem spomenute lokacije :D

      Delete
  32. Ljepotica u jednom predivnom gradu..Uljepsala si mi dan sa slikama <3

    ReplyDelete
  33. fantastične slike,bas sam uzivala

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look beautiful in these pictures! I love that first dress!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous7/1/13 22:20

    Divne slike..i definitivno grad koji mi je na listi zelja :D

    I nemoj da me pogresno shvatis, ali ispadas dosta ljepsa na slikama ovako spontana, onako sa onim poziranjem mi djelujes hladno :D pa sam imala pogresan dojam o tebi :)

    Ugl ovakva spontanost se meni svidja..i od sad te redovno citam.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala ti puuuno na komentaru.
      Biti ce vise "spontanije" onda!!
      Nisam opustena ispred kamere nikako, samo sam opustena u mraku sa nutelom.. :D

      Delete
  36. Thanks for the post, I'm planning to go to London in April. So excited! You look stunning in your cute dress ^^


    www.freshminhtea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Uaauu, fotos lindas em um lugar encantador!
    Amei ;)

    beijos do Brasil

    www.gleikka.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love how you wrote "don't bother packing heels".:) It's beyond true! Love London, been there a couple of times, can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's goes for any city break

      Delete
  39. Prekrasno! Baš si sretnica,ja hocu posjetiti London već duže vrijeme ali nikako da se skupe neke pare..i super si na slikama,odlični outfiti.xx:*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mi skupljamo sicu, i mogu ti reci da za godinu dana sica postane karta za avion :D

      Delete
  40. Ajm sooo gonna go to London on spring :) jedva čekam !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mislim da ces se fenomenalno provesti, i zelim ti ooodlicno putovanje :D

      Delete
  41. prelepe fotografije! jako bih volela da odem u London, a pored njega imam jos zilion mesta koje bih volela da posetim :) obozavam da putujem i nadam se da cu jednog dana imati priliku da ostvarim sve svoje putnicke snove :)

    zelim ti da u ovoj godini putujes vise nego ikad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zelim i ja tebi isto! Da obidjes sva mesta na svom spisku..! :*

      Delete
  42. Divan post! Slicice su prelepe!

    peculiarchick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. E da ima para da se dođe do Londona, lako bih ja našla put do pub-a! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahah! Meni moze i posluziti Tuzlanska kafana kad zagusti! hahahahaha! bas si me nasmijala!!!

      Delete
  44. Thank you for visiting my blog, I really appreciate it. Love that you went to Londen. I'm going twice this year :) Your style is very cute! xx

    www.laurettie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Jao, kako je divno! Volela bih da odem tamo. :)

    http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG!! LOVE YOUR DRESS ^^

    http://greentea-saragoldar.blogspot.com.es
    http://greentea-saragoldar.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  47. looks like you had a great time! Nice pics
    http://melolimparfaite.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog :)

    Nice photos!

    I am following you now, and would be soo happy if you could follow me back :)

    majka-m87.blogspot.com

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Anonymous8/1/13 23:00

    ko je dobio maskaru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nagradna igra jos traje nekih 5 sati na blogu, a izvlacenje je sutra navece u 18.00! Pobjednica ce biti proglasena u sl blog postu! Javljam se i na FB cim objavim! Izvlacenje pomocu random.org. Zelim svima puno srece!

      Delete
  50. Anonymous8/1/13 23:02

    Milna jel si 89 godiste (sto ti pise u nazivu bloga) jer delujes mladje?

    ReplyDelete
  51. Odlicno izgledas na slike. Volim putovanja, a ko ne? :) Nisu bitne slike, bitne su uspomene ;)

    http://sanjaburgundy.blogspot.com/

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4060700

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. slike sluze da se prisjetimo lijepih trenutaka.
      :*

      Delete
  52. Love these pics! My hubby would be esp. jealous that you guys went to the Arsenal game...he is a huge fan!

    xo,

    Alyssa
    www.runwaychef.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Even though it can be tough on ones budget, it's always worth the money to travel and see the world. London looks so exciting, I hope to go there some day!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  54. These are lovely photos! London is one of my favourite places ever and these make me want to visit again. :)

    aspiringforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful pictures of London! Looks like a blast! I've never been but I would love to :)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  57. Beautiful pictures! I love London and they make me want to return ASAP. x


    Fashion Landscape

    ReplyDelete
  58. Pretty outfits for beautiful spots.
    I need to make it over there...

    Samii

    http://aestheticintrigue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  59. Nice travel posts and interesting blogs, you have a very beautiful and feminine style, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...